Help Middle-School Students Succeed...
Once again, Long Beach Rescue Mission is committed to giving out thousands of backpacks filled with supplies to students in need.
In collaboration with Long Beach Unified School District, here are the selected middle schools that will benefit from this year's campaign:
- Avalon (Catalina Island)
All backpacks and supplies are due by Saturday, August 25, 2018.
Here's how you can help:
- Purchase a NEW solid color backpack.
- Fill it with supplies from the supply list below (please do not add extra items).
- Drop the backpack off at the Mission: 1335 Pacific Avenue by August 25.
If you are short on time, send a gift today, and we'll buy and fill a backpack for you!
School Supply List (extra items are discouraged)
- 1 - 2” hardcover 3-ring binder
- 1 - 6-pack, red ballpoint pens
- 1 - 12" ruler
- 1 - Large pink eraser
- 1 - 6-pack, black/blue ballpoint pens
- 2 - One-subject spiral notebooks
- 2 - College-ruled notebook filler paper
- 1 - 3-ring pen/pencil holder
- 1 - 12-pack, #2 pencils w/erasers
- 1 - 3 x 5 lined index cards
- 1 - Pack of subject dividers
- 1 - Small pencil sharpener
- 1 - Pack of glue sticks
Backpack Drive Timeline:
Donations: Wednesday, July 5 through Thursday, August 25
Volunteer: Tuesday, August 15 through Thursday, August 17 (click here)
Distribution: 2nd week of September