Giving Children the Opportunity to Succeed...
Once again, Long Beach Rescue Mission is committed to giving out thousands of backpacks filled with supplies to students in need.
In collaboration with Long Beach Unified School District, here are the selected middle schools that will benefit from this year's campaign:
- Avalon (Catalina Island)
All backpacks are due before Thursday, August 17, 2017.
Here's how you can help:
- Purchase a NEW solid color backpack.
- Fill it with supplies from the supply list below (please do not add extra items).
- Drop the backpack off at the Mission: 1335 Pacific Avenue before August 17.
If you are short on time, send a gift today, and we'll buy and fill a backpack for you!
School Supply List (extra items are discouraged)
- 1 - 2”, hardcover 3-ring binder
- 1 - pen/pencil holder (3-ring)
- 1 - 6-pack, red ballpoint pens
- 1 - 6-pack, black/blue ballpoint pens
- 1 - 12-pack, #2 pencils w/erasers
- 2 - One-subject spiral notebook
- 1 - 3 x 5 lined index cards
- 1 - 12” ruler
- 1 - Pack of subject dividers
- 2 - College-ruled notebook paper, loose-leaf
- 1 - Small pencil sharpener
- 1 - Large pink eraser
- 1 - Pack of glue sticks
Backpack Drive Timeline:
Donations: Wednesday, July 5 through Thursday, August 17
Volunteer: Tuesday, August 15 through Thursday, August 17 (click here)
Distribution: 4th week of August